Even without meat – this Swedish classic tastes beastly good! Swedish Meatballs rock!
It goes very well with Kiki’s Marvellous Mashed Potatoes and The Super Sauce. And a yummy bit of cranberry jam…
- 1 package Tofu (400 g)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup bread cubes
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 4 tablespoon water
- 1 onion
- 6 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2-3 teaspoon Liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 6 tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt, pepper
- oil for frying
- Put the oats in a large bowl and add the water.
- Press out the water of the tofu. Crumble it with your hands and add to the oatmeal.
- Then add the fine diced onion, the breadcrumbs and cubes.
- Now we spice it all up with the soy sauce, smoked paprika, parsley, salt and pepper. Add Liquid Smoke to taste.
- Mix everything well with your hands and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Now form small (!) balls out of the mixture. If it is too moist simply add breadcrumbs and/or oats. Is it too dry add some water.
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the balls from all sides. Then put them into the oven for at least 10 minutes.
Share this Recipe
2 Replies to “Swedish Meatballs – Tofu Balls – Yum Patty. You’ll love it! (vegan)”